Thursday, March 3, 2011

My very first post...

So as the title indicates, this is my very first blog post.  I am new to the blogging world so I guess maybe what would be appropriate is that I tell everyone a little bit about myself.

For starters here is a picture of me:

Melissa & Jude - Summer 2010


This is a picture from this summer.  I looked for a recent picture of just me but it seems that in this last year, since Jude hit the scene, there have been no pictures of me solo.  I suppose c'est la vie.

I grew up in a small town in Haldimand Norfolk on a tobacco farm in the boonies.  After high school I moved to the city of Hamilton to attend McMaster University where I obtained a Bachelor of Commerce, along the way I married my high school sweetheart. 



After university I got a job as an Underwriter for a bonding company in Toronto where I worked for two years. 

On March 7th, 2010 our little bundle of joy was born. 

Jude Samuel - 6 days old
and I have been home with him loving the housewife life every since.  

Another new development in my life is as of today I am officially unemployed from the "workforce".  My maternity leave ended today and I am left with what now?  Shortly after Jude was born I dusted off my sewing machine and since then I have been dabbling in some children's dress-up projects.  I think they are pretty nifty and I hope to use this blog to showcase these items in hopes that you may want to purchase something off of me!  (: 

why the title 'the red bowtie'?  Much to the embarrassment of Jude, most of the items that I sew are for little girls.  But since I only have a little boy at home Jude often has to try on the girly items so that I can size them correctly (as per my husband there are no pictures, but you get the picture).  The first item that I made for Jude was a little red bowtie, so I thought it would be fitting to entitle my blog as such. 


Jude showing off in his red bowtie


Thanks for visiting and come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment